Skilled NJ Divorce Lawyers Discuss the Intricacies of Child Support

Typically, you will have to continue paying the determined amount of child support until your child turns 18, unless the judge rules otherwise. However, there are certain situations where you may apply for a modification and lower the amount you tender each month, including: long-lasting unemployment, serious illness, or a change in child custody or visitation schedules. If any of the previously mentioned circumstances happen, speak to trusted NJ divorce lawyers to see if you can apply for a modification.

Child support is as complicated as it sounds; as such, you should never tackle the matter alone. If you require help in determining or modifying your child support payments, be sure to consult an experienced NJ divorce attorney like Curtis J. Romanowski, Esq.